Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tuesday Take Two

So a week ago was Tuesday night of Premier Week 2010. And well, there was a storm and the power went out and I didn't get to see any of the premier shows for Tuesday night, as explained in my blog entitled, "Premier Week: Tuesday, September 21, 2010: Ruined". So, this is my second attempt at watching the Tuesday night shows. No, they aren't the premiers(with the exception of No Ordinary Family), but they're close. So, this is what you're getting.

At 7 on Fox is Glee. Where do I begin? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!! It's about a bunch of kids in Glee club. They sing. Very well, I might add. And tonight's episode was pretty darn sweet. The episode, Britney/Brittany, is a Britney Spears themed episode. The Glee Club wants to do Britney Spears songs for the pep rally, but one member Brittany Susan Pears(Brittany S.Pears), played by Heather Morris, doesn't want to do the songs because she feels she was always judged because she thinks her name is Brittany Spears also, I love her character so much, so Mr. Schuester, who didn't want to do the songs in the first place, doesn't let them do the songs. Some of the cast goes to the dentist, where they have Britney Spears-themed fantasies once under the anesthesia. Britney Spears has a guest role in these dreams where she's a teacher, cheerleader, ect. Then at the end Mr. Schuester decides to do Britney Spears song for the pep rally to try to impress Emma, the school counselor he is in love with. Glee is an amazing show. Always a great choice in music. And amazing actors!

Also at 7, this time on ABC, was newcomer No Ordinary Family. This WAS the premier episode of the show. And just after watching the pilot, I am hooked on this show. People have been referring to this as a "live-action Incredibles" however, there is one big difference....The Incredibles used their powers to save people, The Powell family doesn't. Only Jim, the father, has attempted to use his powers, that they obtained from a plane crash in a chemically-polluted river/lake, for the greater good...but he works in a police station, so it's in his nature. Dad = indestructible, except for week point in back of neck, can catch bullets, can jump really far. Mom = fast. Daughter = read minds, found out her boyfriend was cheating on her with her best friend this way. Son = super genius. This show is a must watch. It is extremely entertaining and fun for anyone.

Right after No Ordinary Family was a new show on ABC, Raising Hope. Hope is the baby of a 23 year old guy, while the mother of the baby was given the death sentence and executed, leaving Jim to care for his baby by himself. Well, not exactly by himself. He lives with his parents and his Maw Maw. The biggest problem I have with the show is that all the main actors are nobodies. And Cloris Leachman, who portrays Maw Maw, is only a guest star. This show isn't the greatest, but it has a fun storyline. But it's kind of hard to watch, for me, because I'm so used to the whole redneck outlook on life, just by living in Farmstrong, that the show was actually getting to a point that it was annoying me, and sometimes it annoyed me in a good way. So, I don't know. There are many things wrong and many things right with this show. Maybe in the long run I'll start to like it, but I've already stopped watching many shows from premier week that hopefully this one isn't added to the "drop list".

Next, right after Raising Hope, was Running Wilde. What Raising Hope failed in, is what Running Wilde succeeded in. It's two main stars, Keri Russell and Will Arnett, are two I actually know. However, this show is an epic fail. I got about twenty minutes into it, and shut it off because it was so boring. I HIGHLY SUGGEST writing a letter to your governor expressing your concern for ABC at it's pathetic attempt at labeling this a "comedy". I laughed very hard when I went to its wikipedia page and read "Running Wilde is a comedy television series..." because it's totally opposite of that. And now...I'm going to stop talking about it.

And for the 9:00 time slot, I switched over to NBC for Parenthood. This is a show I didn't watch last season, for some unknown reason. And now I'm totally P.O.ed that I didn't. I don't know how...but I must have missed the announcement that said that MAE WHITMAN IS IN PARENTHOOD!!! OMFG!!! Mae Whitman, my favorite voice actress(Katara in Avatar: The Last Airbender, Rose/Huntsgirl in American Dragon: Jake Long, and Tinkerbell in the Tinkerbell movie series), stars in this show. This show is categorized as "comedy-drama"....but it's much more drama than comedy. Sometimes I didn't laugh, when it was obvious they wanted the audience to laugh, but where it lacked comedy the drama made up for it. It has a nice storyline and some amazing actors. However, I technically didn't miss the series premier of this show, since it premiered a week earlier(September 14) than premier week. But I felt like talking about it. So :P

Tuesday isn't the best day of the week...obviously, since it's pretty much the beginning of the work/school week.....but it's not the worst, TV wise. It has a nice mixture of shows and it was quite enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment