Sunday, September 26, 2010

Premier Week: Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday, my favorite day of television. Smallville and Supernatural. Back to Back...along with a few other shows. Now, one good thing about Friday, there aren't as many shows as I tune into to watch. Which meant I could relax more, and not watch a bunch of stuff and just get bored(which I think was happening with many of the other posts from earlier this week).

I tuned into Smallville on The CW the second it began airing at 7. Smallville is my favorite show and, if you don't already know, it follows the life of Clark Kent(along with some friends, superhero/ nonsuperhero/ old/ new) as he becomes the iconic superhero we all know and love...Superman. And this season premier was awesome for many many many many reasons!! One being: Lex returned...in a way. That way, being clones that looked nothing like Michael Rosenbaum (who played Lex until season 7, when the character was "killed off") which was very disappointing. Another being that JOHN SCHNEIDER FINALLY RETURNED TO SMALLVILLE AFTER FIVE SEASONS!!!!!!!!!! Also, we finally got to see the superman suit(other than just a tiny super awesome reflection in Clark's eye like the season 9 finale). This episode was just amazing, except for the part that Cloe put on Dr. Fate's helmet, found out where Oliver(the green arrow) was, and traded herself for him...which is probably going to keep her out a few episodes this season. And somehow, Lois ends up in a desert. Idk what the real deal on this was, but what ever...it's awesome. And another thing...Smallville went up in ratings...majorly!!! Higher than any episode of last season!!!


A bad fact of the night....Supernatural had lower ratings than Smallville, and if The CW is taking Smallville off for low ratings...and Smallville had higher ratings than Supernatural...you can only know what's coming up. :( and it could have also been the fact that this episode was extremely boring!! And it's not just me that thought this. My fellow Supernatural watcher, Ashlyn Green, said that "the whole fight thing was interesting, but it seemed too short. The whole episode seemed to revolve around Dean's family problems, which I thought was kind of boring." and by "fight thing" she is referring to the part where the djinn attacked and tried to kill them...which I totally agree with, that was definitely the best part of the episode for me, which is very disappointing. And yes, the episode seemed to put too much camera time on Dean's normal life that he made for himself when his brother went to Hell. Seasons 1-5 had Eric Kripke, creator of the show, as showrunner....and he wanted the series to end at season five, but with their high ratings, at the time, The CW said no, Eric Kripke stepped down as showrunner and Sera Gamble took over. And now the show it sucking. Didn't see that one coming **sarcasm**. Supernatural better get it's dark, creepy situations back in line, or all I see in it's short future is a downhill slope of ratings.

The third and last show of the night I watched was brand new. Blue Bloods on CBS at 9. It stars Tom Selleck, one of my grandma's favorite actors...which may be a bad thing if CBS was hoping to get some younger views. And it was definitely number 3 on the top 3 shows I watched. Not really my cherry on top. So, ignore this paragraph, or go back and read the others cause this is nothing compared to Smallville and Supernatural and I don't even want to blog about this, I just feel I have to since I watched it. Oh look...a quarter!!

Friday was short and sweet, with lots of action and terror and crazy awesomeness. Hopefully Smallville's ratings continue to go up, and Supernatural's ratings don't go down any more. So, don't go to the darn football games you doers. Don't do. Sit at home and watch. K? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment