Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DVD of the Week: True Blood Season One

Just to let ya'll know. A lot, probably most, of the "DVDs of the Week" won't be brand new DVDs. They'll just be DVDs I have either watched recently or a favorite of mine.

Well, I decided to start off with a show I recently got REALLY into.

Week One of my DVD of the Week Post is....

**WARNING: Spoilers for those who havn't seen the show**
The plot summary as which the show is based upon is...Following the creation of synthetic blood(Tru Blood), vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) is a telepath and waitress at Merlotte's in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, owned by Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell), a shapeshifter—though this secret is kept hidden. One night, Sookie meets Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 173-year-old vampire who has returned to Bon Temps following the death of his last remaining relative. As she cannot hear his thoughts, she finds it easy to be in his company and, over the first season, the two become romantically involved.

When True Blood first came out, I watched an episode or two, but never really got into it cause I was watching them out of order and had no idea what was going on. And it's kinda hard to stick to a show on HBO when you're parents don't order HBO. blah. But still, this weekend I'm going to Dragon*Con in Atlanta, Georgia and on their website site it has listed that all the True Blood actors will be there. So I figured, what the heck I'll watch the first season and see what happens.....and you know what...THIS SHOW IS FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!! Seriously, from the very first scene of the very first episode I was hooked. For one, the vampires don't sparkle. Also, this is how vampires are supposed to be like, the show is dark and creepy and just superb. The whole cast is amazing. Anna Paquin, who played Rogue in the X-Men series, is just the best. True Blood is nothing without her, Stephen Moyer(now married to Paquin), Sam Trammell, Ryan Kwanten, and Rutina Wesley, who plays Tara, my favorite character in the show. :)

And I was so clueless about the show that I thought it was strictly about vampires. But noooo...episode ten, Sookie finds out Sam is a shapeshifter and he tells her that there are werewolves and "many other things" out there. So, hopefully I get to see some more of True Blood REALLY SOON...especially with that season 1 cliff hanger. ughh. True Blood is most definitely going to be around for many more years, seeing that each season ratings have increased...viewers: season 1 average 2mil, season 2 average 4.28mil, season 3 average 4.93mil*as of 8/31*. Which is good for all of us True Blood fans out there. :)


The season one box set comes with some good extras like commercials for Tru Blood, vampire dating sites, vampire-friendly hotels, and lawyers for vampires who feel discriminated against. They are very corny and hilarious. There is also a public service announcement for both pro- and anti-vampire rights. They were all an added bonus to this awesome dvd set.

Word of advice...if you do decide to go out and purchase this dvd set, Wal-mart, Target, and Bestbuy prices are all around FORTY BUCKS..and that is OUTRAGEOUS...buy it on Amazon.com where you can get it for half that and, even though it's used, it's still in amazing condition.

Lastly...this blog is 
PRO-VAMPIRE RIGHTS.
you don't like it, then go away
"Vampires were people too."

5 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE True Blood. It's freaking amazing. And I'm not ashamed to call myself an addict, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRRRRUUUUUEEBLLLOOOOD I agree with you on everything but I hate TARA she cant act and can only be anger and sad......and her lip quiver makes me mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Blood is definitely not rated pg-13. Not by a long shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this show def is not pg-13 but i love the fact that the vampires in this show do not sparkle like they do in that crappy twilight series...sorry to you twilight fans

    ReplyDelete
  5. @monstertruck....you must not have been listening the first time when I told you that the movies/television series, that I talk about on my blog, will not necessarily be pg-13. geeze. open up yo ears woman. :)

    ReplyDelete